Statement from the Executive Director
The Student Success Centre (SSC) brings together an array of student focussed programs and services - the Atkinson Centre for Mature and Part-Time Students, the Career Centre, the Centre for Aboriginal Student Services, Learning Skills Services, YU START, and Student Community & Leadership Development - under one unified umbrella, drawing on and extending substantiated strengths, expertise and resources within the Division of Students. This collaborative approach allows for a strategic and effective use of resources, contributing to an increased focus on student needs, quality programming and a commitment to student success throughout the student lifecycle. The Centre also increases the Division of Students’ ability to support Faculties and collaborate with other University stakeholders, strengthening and building campus-wide partnerships.
— Brendan Schulz, Executive Director, Student Success
The Student Success Centre advances the Division of Students’ mission by providing inclusive programming and services designed to cultivate students’ academic success, personal growth, and career readiness. Working collaboratively with our diverse student population and campus partners, we support student success and well being, and we foster a positive student experience.
YU STARTYU FLOURISHYU SUCCEED
Student Success Centre Directors
- Brendan Schulz, Executive Director, Student Success — firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 736-2100 ext. 70703
- Ross McMillan, Director, Student Engagement & First Year Experience — email@example.com, (416) 736-2100 ext. 70720
- Diane Twombly, Manager, Career Development, Career Centre — firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 736-2100 ext. 33308
- Brian Poser, Director, Aboriginal & Mature Student Services — email@example.com, (416) 736-2100 ext. 33220
- Lara Ubaldi, Director, Student Advising and Academic Services — firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 736-2100 ext. 44172